That is an fascinating solution to put together shrimp. Wontons are a kind of dumplings generally present in Chinese language delicacies.
Weight Watchers Shrimp Wontons with Inexperienced Onion Dipping Sauce recipe
Makes 24 wontons
24 giant shell-on shrimp (20 to 24 per lb.)
24 sq. wonton wrappers
3 tablespoons finely chopped inexperienced onions
24 sprigs recent cilantro, leaves and tender stems
1/3 cup coarsely chopped recent cilantro
vegetable oil (for frying)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 tablespoons minced recent ginger
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1. In a big bowl, whisk collectively 1/2 cup soy sauce, the chopped cilantro, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and the lemon zest.
2. Peel the shrimp (leaving tails on) and devein. Add to the soy combination and marinate, lined, for about 15 to twenty minutes at room temperature.
3. Drain the shrimp in a colander, unfold out on paper towels, and pat dry.
4. Pour oil right into a deep, heavy pot to a depth of three inches and warmth to 375° F. In the meantime, unfold out wonton wrappers. Working with one wrapper at a time, put a number of cilantro leaves and stems alongside wrapper edge nearest you. High them with a shrimp, arranging the shrimp lengthwise in order that the tails prolong past the wrapper. Fold the wrapper edge reverse the tail over the shrimp.
5. Brush the far fringe of the wrapper with water and, beginning with the close to edge, roll the wrapper loosely across the shrimp, forming a package deal. Press seam firmly to seal.
6. Preheat the oven to 200° F and put a shallow rack in a baking pan. When the oil reaches 375° F, fry the wontons in a number of batches (in order to not crowd them), flipping halfway via cooking, till they flip medium golden brown (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes). If the shrimp begins to brown too rapidly, scale back the temperature.
7. Elevate the shrimp out with tongs, draining extra oil, and switch to baking pan; maintain heat in oven.
8. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the orange and lemon juices, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, marmalade and inexperienced onions.
9. Serve the wontons sizzling, with the dipping sauce on the facet.
What number of Weight Watchers factors in shrimp wontons with inexperienced onion dipping sauce recipe?
WW POINTS for one wonton: 1
Dietary info for one wonton: 51 energy, 1.4g fats, 0.4g fiber
Initially posted 2008-03-10 10:14:14.