This One-Pot Hen Parmesan Pasta has me doing a contented dance, and I’m so excited to share the recipe with you. I can’t recover from how tasty that is, and should you don’t wish to take my phrase for it, when my husband tasted it he simply mentioned “wow.” This dish affords all of the saucy, tacky, meaty goodness you need in a one-pot pasta meal, and also you’ll by no means consider it’s lightened up. The sauce has actually wealthy depth of taste. The garlic panko breadcrumbs scent like garlic bread (mmm…) and provides the flavour and texture of hen parmesan coating with out having to bread the hen.
I really like hiding veggies in my pasta sauce and shredding a complete zucchini in right here labored completely. If in case you have any choosy eaters in your loved ones, I’m pretty positive they received’t even discover. The entire recipe cooks in a single pot for much less dishes to scrub, which is all the time a win in my e-book. That is one dinner I’m positively going to make repeatedly. Plus, a satisfying 1 & 2/3 cups serving of this dish is simply 417 energy or 9 WW Factors on the present Weight Watchers plan! To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
This One-Pot Hen Parmesan Pasta serves six and has a beneficiant and satisfying serving dimension of 1 & 2/3 cups every. In order for you a smaller serving, you possibly can alternatively cut up the dish into eight servings of 1 & ¼ cups every for 313 energy or 7 WW Factors per serving.
- Cheeses: This makes use of each freshly shredded Parmesan and shredded 2% milk Mozzarella cheese. I all the time shred the Parmesan myself as a result of I believe it tastes and melts higher that means, however I’m completely completely satisfied shopping for a bag of pre-shredded Mozzarella made with 2% milk.
- Breadcrumbs: I like to make use of panko right here as a result of it’s crunchier than another breadcrumbs. You should utilize entire wheat panko if that’s what you might have readily available. I extremely advocate not skipping the step the place you toast the breadcrumbs with the minced garlic. It smells like garlic bread whereas cooking and provides a lot taste and coloration to the dish.
- Pasta: I exploit penne on this dish and it really works nice – really useful! Nonetheless, in case you have a unique medium-sized form of pasta readily available I’m positive that can work positive as effectively. Rotini, ziti, radiatore, or medium shells ought to all work effectively.
- Sauce: This sauce makes use of canned tomato sauce and hen broth as a base and seasons it with onion, garlic, tomato paste, crimson wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, and crushed crimson pepper flakes. The pasta cooks proper within the sauce, and the sauce will thicken because the liquid is absorbed by the pasta. I actually wouldn’t advocate skipping or altering a factor right here, as a result of I really like the way in which this sauce turned out. It has nice taste!
Extra Tasty Lightened-Up One-Pot Meals
One-Pot meals are one among my favourite sorts of recipes. I really like the benefit and ease, and I actually love not having to scrub a pile of pots and pans. If you happen to’re searching for extra tasty One-Pot recipes like this One-Pot Hen Parmesan Pasta, try my One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta, Hen Taco Rice Skillet, One-Pot Turkey and Veggie Spaghetti, One-Pot Hen Florentine Mac and Cheese, Maple Dijon Hen and Squash Skillet, One-Pot Cajun Hen and Sausage Pasta, One-Pot Buffalo Hen Mac and Cheese, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, One-Pot Spicy Soiled Rice with Hen and Sausage, Hen Pot Pasta, Lemon Hen Orzo, Beefy American Goulash, Rustic Sausage and Potato Skillet, and so many extra within the One-Pot Meals class of my recipe index!
One-Pot Hen Parmesan Pasta
This One-Pot Hen Parmesan Pasta has all of the saucy, tacky, meaty goodness you need in a one-pot meal, lightened up!
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless hen breast, reduce into small chunks
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups decrease sodium hen broth
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon crimson wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed crimson pepper flakes
- 12 oz penne or different medium-sized pasta
- 2 oz shredded 2% milk Mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (I exploit a field grater)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped contemporary basil
Flippantly mist a 5 QT Dutch oven or a big pot with cooking spray and convey over medium-high warmth. Add one teaspoon of the minced garlic and the ¼ cup of panko breadcrumbs to the pot and cook dinner, stirring ceaselessly, till the garlic is aromatic and the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Switch this panko combination to a facet plate and return the pot to the stovetop.
Add a tablespoon of the olive oil to the pot and convey over medium-high warmth. Add the hen chunks to the pot and stir to coat with the oil. Sprinkle the hen with a bit little bit of salt and pepper and cook dinner, stirring often, till cooked via. Take away the hen from the pot and switch it to a facet dish. Cowl the hen with aluminum foil to maintain it heat.
Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pot and convey to medium warmth. Add the chopped onion and shredded zucchini and stir collectively. Cook dinner, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes till the onions are softened. Stir within the remaining tablespoon of minced garlic and cook dinner for one more minute. Add the tablespoon of tomato paste and stir to coat the greens. Cook dinner for one more minute, stirring just a few occasions.
Add the hen broth, each cans (23 oz complete) of tomato sauce, crimson wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, and crushed crimson pepper flakes and stir collectively. Add the pasta and stir once more. Flip the warmth as much as med-high and convey the combination to a boil. As soon as boiling, scale back the warmth to med-low to simmer. Simmer for 12-Quarter-hour, stirring the elements each couple of minutes to verify the pasta will get rotated and doesn’t follow the underside.
When the pasta is cooked via and a lot of the liquid is absorbed, take away the pot from warmth. Stir within the reserved hen you cooked in step two till effectively mixed. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella excessive of the pasta, adopted by the shredded Parmesan, and at last the toasted garlic breadcrumbs.
Be sure to have an oven rack positioned within the prime third of your oven and set your oven to broil. As soon as the broiler is heated, place the pot on the oven rack and broil for about 1-2 minutes till the cheeses are melted and the highest is golden (all ovens are totally different, control your topping whereas it’s beneath the broiler). Sprinkle the chopped basil excessive and serve.
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
Diet Info per (1 & 2/3 cups) serving:
417 energy, 61 g carbs, 10 g sugars, 6 g fats, 2 g saturated fats, 32 g protein, 5 g fiber, 975 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
11 per (1 & 2/3 cup) serving (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the diet information under)
Impressed by Consuming Properly