How is the packaging of Nuun Get well?
Nuun Get well is available in an ordinary sachet and that rips open simply. It’s additionally pretty compact. Deliver one in your exercise bag to make a sports activities drink instantly after your run or different types of train.
When must you drink Nuun Get well?
Because the identify suggests, Nuun Get well is designed for post-exercise. Nevertheless, I’ve used it as a mid-run sports activities drink as effectively. It has electrolytes that will help you keep hydrated, a BCAA mix that helps delay muscle fatigue, and slightly sugar – all good issues to maintain your legs shifting swiftly.
One situation is the protein content material. Some research declare that proteins are tougher to course of, requiring your physique to divert oxygen-rich blood to the digestive system. Potential drawbacks are much less oxygen to your muscle tissues throughout exercises and abdomen stress.
Personally, I didn’t discover any situation with consuming protein by means of Nuun Get well when utilizing the sports activities drink mid-run.
Did Nuun Get well enable you to get better?
I drank 500 ml of Nuun Get well inside quarter-hour to get better from a 22 km path run, throughout which we additionally examined one other sports activities drink.
Many components go into correct restoration. Dietary supplements don’t even make my prime three most vital issues. Sleep, a nutritious diet, straightforward/relaxation days, and a stretching/mobility routine are extra vital in my e book.
That stated, sports activities drinks like Nuun Restoration are nonetheless helpful, significantly for severe athletes working excessive mileage or after massive efforts. It’s also a handy choice when making ready a correct meal isn’t attainable after train.
Listed here are my takeaways:
- It didn’t style nice, nevertheless it wasn’t horrible, both. After a 2+ hour run, I needed one thing tastier, however I used to be nonetheless within the wild and a 40-minute drive from civilization. Nuun Get well got here in useful, permitting me to interchange electrolytes, carbohydrates, and protein rapidly.
- The outcomes of restoration supplementation are by no means immediate or obvious. I felt advantageous the subsequent day. However I additionally ate a wholesome lunch and dinner and slept eight hours. As I stated, quite a bit goes into restoration.
- On paper, Nuun Get well has all the products. It included carbohydrates and protein together with L-glutamine, BCAAS, sodium, and potassium. I consider its balanced dietary profile contributed to my bouncing again the subsequent day, nevertheless refined the advantages could have been.
- Nuun Get well offers ample electrolytes however solely 6 g of protein and 5 g of carbohydrates. I like to recommend pairing it with different protein- and carbohydrate-rich meals or sports activities vitamin.
- The rule of thumb is to devour 20-30 g of protein inside 30-45 minutes post-workout and eat a snack or meal with a 2:1 carbohydrate-to-protein ratio.
Nuun Get well is a powdered sports activities drink combine that is available in a 17 g sachet and delivers 50 energy. It packs 54 mg of sodium, 250 mg of potassium, 600 mg of BCAAs, and 5 g of L-glutamine to help in rehydration, muscle restore, and immune system help post-exercise.
It additionally accommodates 6 g of protein and 5 g of carbohydrates, of which 4 g are from sugar, to make up a extra well-rounded dietary profile. The corporate recommends mixing Nuun Get well with 450-500 ml.
Nuun Get well’s style is palatable, not overly candy, and with a synthetic fruity taste (it doesn’t style like blackberry or lemon).
Though designed for restoration, Nuun Restoration might be consumed mid-run as effectively. Regardless of its protein content material, I skilled no gastrointestinal stress utilizing it on this method.