This mango salad recipe is about to change into your favourite summer time aspect dish! It is vivid and refreshing, made with recent herbs and a zesty lime dressing.
This mango salad recipe is every little thing I would like in a summer time aspect dish. It has a brief record of recent components, you may toss it collectively in 20 minutes, and it’s sooo vivid and refreshing.
I like the number of textures and flavors on this dish. The mango is good and slippery, and whenever you chunk into it, it’s nearly creamy. I accent it with crisp bell peppers and crimson onion, plus jalapeños for a kick of warmth. Peanuts add crunch, and a zesty lime dressing ties the entire thing collectively. Beneficiant handfuls of recent herbs (assume spicy basil and cooling mint) take it all around the prime.
This mango salad recipe can be a daring various to an everyday fruit salad at a summer time gathering, nevertheless it’s too good to only save for particular events. Make it as a aspect dish for any weeknight dinner. You’ll love the burst of freshness it brings to your meal.
Mango Salad Recipe Elements
Right here’s what you’ll must make this mango salad recipe:
- Mango, after all! Any selection will work, however I particularly love yellow mangos, additionally referred to as Ataulfo mangos. They’ve a scrumptious creamy texture and tart, honey-like taste.
- Crimson bell pepper and crimson onion – For crunch.
- Jalapeño – For warmth.
- Recent basil and mint – They make this salad so aromatic, flavorful, and recent! Cilantro can be nice right here too.
- Toasted peanuts – For nutty richness and crunch. Don’t do peanuts? Toasted cashews can be a yummy substitute.
- Recent lime juice – It makes the mango salad dressing zingy and vivid.
- Tamari or soy sauce – It provides salty, savory taste to the dressing. Make certain to make use of licensed gluten-free tamari when you want this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Avocado oil – It provides the dressing physique and richness. Sub one other impartial oil when you don’t preserve avocado oil readily available.
- Honey – It sweetens the dressing. Agave nectar is a superb vegan sub!
- Recent ginger – It provides the dressing a refreshing, peppery kick.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Lower a Mango
I even have a information to the best way to lower a mango in its personal weblog publish, however the methodology I take advantage of for this salad is slightly totally different. As a substitute of utilizing diced mango right here, I lower the fruit into skinny strips that mimic the form of the peppers and crimson onion.
You have got two choices for a way to do that:
- Peel the mango first. Gently take away the pores and skin with a vegetable peeler. Then, use a pointy knife to chop the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. You’ll find yourself with two massive planks and two small planks of fruit. Rigorously lower them into skinny strips.
- Don’t peel it. Begin by slicing the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. Then place the fruit, pores and skin aspect down, in your slicing board. Rating the fruit into skinny strips, slicing right down to, however not by means of, the pores and skin. Slice horizontally between the fruit and the pores and skin to launch the mango strips.
Mango Salad Recipe Suggestions
- Use ripe mangos. Inexperienced mango, or unripe mango, is often utilized in Thai mango salad and different dishes in Indian, Southeast Asian, and Thai delicacies. Whereas this recipe actually attracts inspiration from Thai mango salad, it’s not supposed to be an genuine model. This mango salad is greatest with ripe mangos. Observe that relying on the place you reside, you may not be capable to discover ripe mangos at your farmers market or grocery retailer. In case you can’t, choose up a pair unripe ones and go away them in your counter for just a few days. After they’re delicate and aromatic, make this mango salad recipe!
- Modify the warmth to style. Not a fan of spicy meals? Merely omit the jalapeño! Or, when you’d prefer to average—however not completely get rid of—the warmth, you might use half a pepper as a substitute of a complete one. You would additionally take away the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño earlier than including it to the salad.
- Get forward. You’ll be able to completely make this mango salad recipe forward of time for a potluck or picnic. Simply wait so as to add the herbs and peanuts till you’re able to serve. That manner, the herbs will keep lush and inexperienced and the peanuts will retain their crunch.
Serve Mango Salad
This mango salad recipe is a superb summer time aspect dish! Pair it with…
A scoop of this mango salad would even be an ideal addition to a grain bowl. Pair it with black beans or grilled halloumi cheese, rice, avocado, and thinly sliced English cucumber. Prime it off with a drizzle of cilantro lime dressing or a squeeze of lime juice.
Take pleasure in!
Extra Recent Salad Recipes
In case you love this mango salad, strive certainly one of these recent salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
This mango salad recipe is a vivid, refreshing summer time aspect dish! Candy, juicy mango mingles with crisp crimson peppers, spicy jalapeños, and recent herbs. A zesty lime dressing ties all of it collectively.
- 3 medium or 2 massive ripe mangos, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 crimson bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into skinny strips
- ¼ medium crimson onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups blended recent basil and mint leaves, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup chopped, toasted peanuts, reserve some for garnish
In a big bowl, toss collectively the mango, crimson pepper, onion, and jalapeño.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the lime juice, avocado oil, tamari, honey, ginger, and salt.
Pour the dressing over the mango salad and toss. Add the herbs and peanuts and toss once more. Season to style, garnish with the reserved herbs and peanuts, and serve instantly.