Crisp-tender Lemon Brussel Sprouts are mild and vivid, made with shaved brussels sprouts, broth, lemon juice, and zest. Simply 5 components!
Lemon Shaved Brussel Sprouts
This fat-free Brussels sprout recipe is all about texture and brightness, and these crisp-tender shaved Brussels sprouts will persuade any skeptics to strive them (My aunt, who isn’t a sprouts fan, cherished them). The broth helps season the sprouts and wilts them quicker. They’re a scrumptious, wholesome facet dish and an important addition to your Thanksgiving desk. They’re additionally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! For extra shredded Brussels sprouts recipes, strive my Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts.
Why This Works
- Brilliant, flavorful and scrumptious strategy to put together brussels sprouts
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, whole30 accredited
- Solely 5 components!
- Weight Watchers 0 factors!
- Simple facet dish
Lemon Brussel Sprouts Substances
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim the ends off two kilos of Brussels sprouts.
- Broth: Use a half cup of low-sodium vegetable or hen broth.
- Salt and Pepper season the sprouts.
- Lemon: Zest one lemon after which juice it.
Tips on how to Make Lemon Brussel Sprouts
- Warmth the broth over medium-high warmth in a big, deep skillet. As soon as it simmers, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts, stirring often, till they’re barely wilted however nonetheless have some texture. Take away the pan from the warmth.
- Lemon: If serving instantly, stir within the lemon juice and zest. If making prematurely, stir within the lemon proper earlier than serving the sprouts sizzling or heat.
- Oil: This lemon Brussel sprout recipe labored out a lot better with none oil, so I left it out. Be happy so as to add some if you want.
- Garlic: Add three giant garlic cloves or two tablespoons of minced garlic to the broth.
- Parmesan: High the Brussels sprouts with grated parmesan cheese.
- Spiciness: Add some crushed purple pepper flakes for some warmth.
What’s the best strategy to shred Brussels sprouts?
When you have a meals processor, the quickest strategy to shred Brussels sprouts is to connect the slicing disk. Then, throw within the sprouts on the high, and the machine will do all of the give you the results you want.
If you happen to don’t have a meals processor, you solely want a sharp knife. Reduce them in half after which thinly slice them vertically.
And for those who don’t have time for both of these strategies, you may purchase pre-shredded Brussels sprouts on the grocery store.
What to Serve with Lemon Brussel Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts with lemon might be excellent with so many fall and winter meals.
Make Forward Suggestions
You could possibly make these simple lemon Brussel sprouts a number of hours prematurely, which can assist the flavors mix and make the sprouts extra tender. Gently reheat them on the range earlier than serving, and add the lemon zest and juice as soon as heat.
Tips on how to Retailer Lemon Brussel Sprouts
Leftover shredded Brussels sprouts will maintain in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days within the fridge and could be reheated on the range or within the microwave.
Extra Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 cup (cooked)
Use the slicing disk on a meals processor to shred the sprouts, or a pointy knife to halve after which thinly slice them by hand.
In a big deep skillet, warmth the broth over medium-high warmth. When it begins to simmer, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Sauté, stirring often, till the sprouts are barely wilted however nonetheless have some texture, about 8 to 10 minutes. Take away the pan from the warmth.
If serving immediately, stir within the lemon juice, and lemon zest. If making forward of time, stir within the lemon proper earlier than serving sizzling or heat.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup (cooked), Energy: 59 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Saturated Fats: 0.1 g, Sodium: 361 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 3 g