Inexperienced Goddess Salad is filled with contemporary flavors and texture—crisp, crunchy, and creamy, with a lightened up dressing to deliver all of it collectively.
Why You’ll Love This Inexperienced Goddess Salad
- Wholesome and Nutrient-Packed. This healthified inexperienced goddess salad shakes up the traditional by taking that creamy, tangy, herbaceous dressing and swapping the mayonnaise with yogurt.
- No Anchovies! When you’re not a fan of anchovies, you’ll be glad to know I did away with these too—though technically talking, they’re nonetheless within the Worcestershire sauce.)
- Tremendous Inexperienced. We maintain the lettuce from the unique recipe, however then I add every kind of scrumptious inexperienced veggies, from crunchy broccoli to crisp snap peas. (After all, you’ll be able to be at liberty to customise your inexperienced goddess salad with any elements you want, inexperienced or in any other case.)
- Versatile. An enormous portion is filling sufficient to make a meal, however a smaller portion makes a pleasant aspect dish with one thing somewhat extra indulgent, like Air Fryer Hamburgers or Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
About this Inexperienced Goddess Salad Recipe
You might have seen the viral TikTok inexperienced goddess salad throughout social media; and it’s for an excellent purpose!
Even simply the identify inexperienced goddess makes you assume: Mild! Wholesome! Recent!
Now, the unique inexperienced goddess salad is a type of retro salad recipes that pairs a scant pile of lettuce with a heavy, mayo-based dressing. We’re not precisely bringing the sunshine, wholesome, or contemporary issue, eh?
So I got down to make a inexperienced goddess salad worthy of a goddess.
Learn how to Make Inexperienced Goddess Salad
- Snow Peas or Sugar Snap Peas. These ship some crisp texture to your salad. Celery may be substituted, or when you can’t select between the 2, you should utilize half the quantity of peas and swap in celery for the opposite half.
- Broccoli. A small head ought to work! Not a fan of uncooked broccoli? Blanch it first!
- Bibb, Butter, or Romaine Lettuce. Or use a mixture of those.
- Child Arugula. Arugula provides a pleasant peppery chew that enhances the herby dressing.
- English Cucumber. Persian cucumbers make an excellent substitute; backyard cucumbers work too, however I like to recommend scooping out the seeds.
- Inexperienced Onions. Added colour, freshness, and taste.
- Avocado. Making this for meal prep? Depart the avocado out till you’re able to eat.
- Kosher Salt and Pepper. Classics.
- Inexperienced Goddess Salad Dressing. Right here’s my Inexperienced Goddess Dressing recipe.
1. Prep Your Veggies. Chop the peas or celery and broccoli and put them in a big bowl.
2. Mix. Add the remainder of the greens to the bowl.
3. Costume. Spoon a number of the dressing over the salad, then gently toss to mix.
4. End. Season to style, add the remaining avocado, and serve with additional dressing. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover salad in an hermetic container for as much as 1 day.
- To Freeze. Whereas the inexperienced goddess dressing may be frozen, the salad received’t stand as much as freezing and thawing, so take pleasure in it contemporary!
- Add Protein. Add Grilled Hen Breast, Air Fryer Shrimp, or Immediate Pot Boiled Eggs for a heartier meal.
- Add Beans. Preserve with the inexperienced goddess theme and add shelled edamame to your salad, or attempt Roasted Chickpeas for some additional crunch.
- Add Seeds, Nuts, or Eggs. Pepitas or pistachios will maintain it inexperienced, however walnuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, and hemp seeds are protein-packed additions, too. Laborious-boiled eggs are a favourite salad topping and would add a punch of protein.
- Add Cheese. Feta cheese and shaved Parmesan cheese add some salty taste (and cheesiness!) to your salad.
- Add Extra Veggies. Grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, inexperienced cabbage, contemporary basil leaves, a small shallot, shaved radishes—add no matter you want as a result of the inexperienced goddess dressing tastes good with nearly every little thing!
- Make It Chopped. Swap the arugula and romaine for chopped inexperienced cabbage.
- Inexperienced Goddess Cobb. Do your individual model of Panera’s Inexperienced Goddess Cobb by including hard-boiled eggs, hen, and Baked Bacon. Or use the dressing to prime my Cobb Salad.
What to Serve With Inexperienced Goddess Salad
- Sharp Chef’s Knife. You’re going to be doing quite a lot of chopping, so that you may as effectively spend money on an excellent knife!
- Mixing Bowls. I like this set of glass bowls as a result of they work for prep and for serving.
- Salad Spinner. As a result of soggy salads are a bummer. Bonus for utilizing your salad spinner to assist dry off produce if you wash it! We love a two-for-one.
Recipe Suggestions and Tips
- Prep It Sensible. When you’re making this inexperienced goddess salad for meal prep, retailer the salad and dressing individually to increase their storage life. You’ll additionally must both skip the avocado or add it simply earlier than consuming.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Use Your Palms. One of the best device for tossing this salad? Clear palms! I like utilizing my palms as a result of it’s gentler than utilizing salad tongs and it’s additionally higher at ensuring all of the elements are evenly coated with dressing.
- Make Certain Your Veggies Are Dry. Any water that’s nonetheless clinging to the lettuce or veggies if you put them within the bowl will create a soggy salad and water down your dressing. Not good!
For the Inexperienced Goddess Salad:
- 2 cups snow peas or sugar snap peas or 2 celery stalks
- 1 small broccoli crown
- 1 head bibb, butter, or romaine lettuce, reduce into chew sized items (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 2 cups child arugula
- 1 English cucumber quartered lengthwise, then reduce into skinny slices (about 2 heaping cups)
- 2 inexperienced onions thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 ripe avocado cubed, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly floor pepper to style
For the Goddess Dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt nonfat, low fats, or entire
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped combined contemporary tender herbs: parsley, dill, basil, chives, cilantro, tarragon, or mint*
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder omit if utilizing chives
For the Salad:
Thinly slice the snap peas (or celery). Chop the broccoli into tremendous florets (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Place in a big serving bowl.
To the bowl, add the lettuce, arugula, cucumber, inexperienced onion, and half of the avocado. High with a number of massive spoonfuls of dressing. Very gently toss to mix (I discover clear palms work greatest for this). Every little thing ought to have a light-weight coating of fressing, and the avocado will break down a bit to make the salad even creamier. Style and modify seasoning as desired. Scatter the second half of the avocado excessive. Serve instantly with additional dressing on the aspect.
For the Dressing:
In a meals processor, place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, oil, combined herbs, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Mix till easy and solely tiny specks of herbs stay. Style and modify salt and pepper as desired. Get pleasure from on salads, as a dip, over pasta, with meat or fish, and extra!
- *To maintain stronger herbs from over-powering the dressing, use a max of 1 cup parsley, 1/4 cup chives, 1/4 cup mint, and/or 2 tablespoons tarragon. Parsley, dill, tarragon, and chives is my favourite combo.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover salad in an hermetic container for as much as a day.
- TO FREEZE: Whereas the inexperienced goddess dressing may be frozen, the salad received’t stand as much as freezing and thawing, so take pleasure in it contemporary!
- Dressing is my Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
Serving: 1 (of 6) salad solely, no dressingEnergy: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 5gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gPotassium: 657mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1286IUVitamin C: 116mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Often Requested Questions
Inexperienced goddess dressing sometimes incorporates mayonnaise and/or bitter cream, tender contemporary herbs like parsley, chives, tarragon, and mint, garlic, lemon juice, and typically anchovies. My lightened-up model replaces the mayo with Greek yogurt and the anchovies with Worcestershire sauce.
Inexperienced goddess salad has a brilliant, contemporary, herbaceous taste due to the creamy herb-packed dressing and tons of greens. General it’s a vibrant, flavorful salad good for a light-weight spring or summer season meal.
With a great deal of contemporary veggies and a Greek-yogurt-based dressing, this inexperienced goddess salad is a nutritious meal or aspect dish. It has wholesome fats, protein from the yogurt, and loads of fiber, antioxidants, nutritional vitamins, and minerals.
In response to the New York Occasions, the San Palace Lodge in San Francisco gained fame for creating the inexperienced goddess salad in 1923 in honor of George Arliss, the lead actor within the theatrical manufacturing “The Inexperienced Goddess.” A number of variations of the recipe have been handed down by way of generations; lots of them, such because the one featured in “American Cookery” by James Beard, are based mostly on key elements like tarragon, anchovies, chives, and scallions.