Inexperienced Goddess Dressing manages to be each creamy and light-weight on the identical time—like magic! You’ll love the brilliant, herbaceous taste of this wholesome salad dressing recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Salad Dressing
- Fast and Straightforward. Add the elements to your meals processor, give it a whirl, and that’s it! Just a few minutes of prep time (and I promise it’s price getting your meals processor soiled!).
- Supremely Flavorful. It is a dressing that packs a punch! Tangy yogurt, citrusy lemon juice, all these herbs, garlic, and extra. Plus, the dressing tastes barely completely different every time relying on the herbs you employ. It’s fabulous on Inexperienced Goddess Salad in fact, however you need to use it for a lot of of my salad recipes.
- Versatile. You should use it as a salad dressing, dip, or sandwich unfold (it’s SO good on a BLT). Eat it with a spoon? Don’t thoughts if I do!
- Wholesome. No mayonnaise or bitter cream right here! My model of inexperienced goddess dressing is made with protein-packed Greek yogurt, which provides it a good richer, creamier consistency, all whereas being extra nutritious than the unique (and definitely extra nutritious than store-bought variations from Panera, Costco, and the like).
Extra About This Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
Inexperienced goddess dressing is a traditional.
In reality, it’s even a bit retro (it was made well-known by The Palace Resort within the Nineteen Twenties)—however with just a few easy tweaks, we will replace the recipe to make it lighter and more healthy, however nonetheless simply as creamy and wealthy.
Whereas inexperienced goddess dressing is legendary for being filled with recent herbs, there’s much more occurring right here!
The dressing is tangy, garlicky, and even somewhat bit umami. With so many layers of taste, it’s good for jazzing up any salad.
Pair this inexperienced goddess dressing with an Arugula Salad, drizzle it over Grilled Potatoes, dunk it with Hen Kabobs, use it for dipping home made Zucchini Fries, or simply spoon it onto all of the issues.
Easy methods to Make Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
- Plain Greek Yogurt. You should use nonfat, low-fat, or complete—simply ensure that it’s plain!
- Freshly-Squeezed Lemon Juice. Add some further zippy lemon taste by mixing some lemon zest into the dressing.
- Additional-Virgin Olive Oil. When you have one which’s a better high quality, this can be a excellent spot to make use of it.
- Combined Recent, Tender Herbs. Mainly, something that doesn’t have a woody stem. Recent tarragon, parsley, dill, basil, chives, cilantro, or mint are all choices right here.
Parsley, dill, tarragon, and chives is my favourite mixture of herbs for home made inexperienced goddess dressing.
- Garlic. Basic fragrant.
- Worcestershire Sauce. In the event you’re vegetarian or have seafood allergy symptoms, be sure you decide up a bottle of vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. Sure, you possibly can swap an anchovy.
- Salt and Pepper. You possibly can go heavy on the black pepper to make a peppercorn inexperienced goddess dressing.
- Onion Powder. Omit this in the event you’re utilizing chives.
1. Mix. Place the entire dressing elements within the bowl of a meals processor or blender.
2. Course of. Mix till the dressing is sort of easy, with small specks of herbs.
3. End. Season the dressing to style and ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate inexperienced goddess dressing in an hermetic container for as much as 1 week.
- To Reheat. Freeze inexperienced goddess dressing in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 2 months.
- To Freeze. Let the dressing thaw within the fridge earlier than utilizing.
Word that the tip for freezing solely applies to this inexperienced goddess dressing recipe. Conventional inexperienced goddess dressing is made with mayonnaise, which doesn’t freeze nicely.
What to Serve With Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
- Mason Jars. I really like utilizing each the smaller dimension and bigger dimension for storing salad dressing within the fridge.
- Citrus Juicer. One of the best ways to ensure all the juice comes out of your lemon—with out the seeds!
- Meals Processor. For a easy, creamy texture.
Suggestions for the Greatest Inexperienced Goddess Dressing
- Chop the Garlic Earlier than Mixing. This fashion, it’s going to combine evenly into your inexperienced goddess dressing and nobody will find yourself with an enormous hunk of garlic of their salad!
- Scrape Down the Meals Processor if Wanted. To verify all of the herbs are processed to a uniform dimension, you could have to cease the meals processor a few times and scrape down the edges with a rubber spatula.
- Use Kosher Salt. In the event you use desk salt, you’ll want to make use of somewhat bit much less as a result of the crystals are smaller. Begin with 3/4 teaspoon of desk salt and add extra to style.
- Person a Lesser Quantity of Stronger Herbs. Whilst you can add as much as 1 cup of milder herbs like basil, restrict how a lot of stronger herbs you employ (like mint or tarragon) nobody taste takes over. See recipe notes for extra steerage.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt nonfat, low fats, or complete
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped combined recent tender herbs: parsley, dill, basil, chives, cilantro, tarragon, or mint*
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder omit if utilizing chives
In a meals processor, place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, oil, combined herbs, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Mix till easy and solely tiny specks of herbs stay. Style and regulate salt and pepper as desired. Take pleasure in on salads, as a dip, over pasta, with meat or fish, and extra!
- *To maintain stronger herbs from over-powering the dressing, use a max of 1 cup parsley, 1/4 cup chives, 1/4 cup mint, and/or 2 tablespoons tarragon. Parsley, dill, tarragon, and chives is my favourite combo.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate inexperienced goddess dressing in an hermetic container for as much as 1 week.
- TO REHEAT: Freeze inexperienced goddess dressing in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 2 months.
- TO FREEZE: Let the dressing thaw within the fridge earlier than utilizing.
Serving: 1 of 6Energy: 74kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 4gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.002gLdl cholesterol: 2mgSodium: 2mgPotassium: 191mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1690IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 70mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at present and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Steadily Requested Questions
Inexperienced goddess dressing has a creamy, tangy, and barely umami taste, however the star of the present right here is unquestionably the herbs! As a result of you need to use any herbs you want or have available, every batch of inexperienced goddess sauce has barely completely different notes to it.
Inexperienced goddess dressing will get its title from the colourful inexperienced coloration that comes from all of the herbs used within the recipe. Meals historians imagine the dressing was invented by a chef on the Palace Resort in San Francisco within the Nineteen Twenties, in honor of the play “The Inexperienced Goddess.”
As with most dressings and dips, 2 tablespoons is an ordinary serving for inexperienced goddess dressing.
Conventional inexperienced goddess dressing doesn’t include avocado, however some recipes do embody it.